Program Volunteers are committed, caring and valuable to the success of SPMH and the Tour and Education Outreach Program.
Program Guides are representatives of SPMH (The Society for the Preservation of Music Hall) as well as ambassadors for the resident companies of Cincinnati Music Hall.
Volunteers understand their responsibility is to always represent the organizations in a positive and presentable manner.
Interested in volunteering? Call: 513.744.3293 or apply directly at www.cincinnatiarts.org/volunteer.
SPMH volunteers are welcome to assist in several ways:
Content Curator Volunteers help ensure tour products and information provide entertaining, factual history.
Through professional and entertaining tour and outreach experiences, the program provides a deeper appreciation of the history of Cincinnati Music Hall.
- gather well-researched, credible source cited information,
- craft engaging narratives, and
- help bring Cincinnati Music Hall's relevance to present day audiences through tour ''Resource Documents'' and/or digital media.
Although not directly involved with product delivery, Content Curators are assigned pre-approved research projects supporting the program's goals.
Through researching and designing up-to-date product offerings, analyzing and evaluating product structure, and incorporating guests' feedback, Content Curators help develop the tools of the SPMH Tour & Education Outreach Programs and further the knowledge of SPMH Program Guides.
Schedules for Content Curators are flexible.
SPMH Program Guide Volunteers:
- provide and lead in-depth, knowledgeable, professional and entertaining tours
- provide and lead outreach programming for guests of all ages
- continually strive to improve tours and techniques to engage their audience.
The SPMH Volunteer Program provides a deeper appreciation of the history of Cincinnati Music Hall through professional and entertaining tour and outreach experiences.
Schedules for Program Guide Volunteers are flexible. Tours generally are conducted weekdays between 9am and 3pm, and occasionally tours can occur during other hours.
SPMH Volunteers can be involved in the positions listed above, or support the organization's mission as Office Administrators.
This position also has flexible hours and involves:
- maintaining office supplies
- fielding telephone calls
- assisting with special projects, as needed.
If you are interested in volunteering with SPMH, or would like more information, call 513.744.3293 or apply directly at www.cincinnatiarts.org/volunteer.