Stepping into Music Hall can transform you in many ways.
A moving passage during your favorite choral or symphony.
Your son or daughter, in performance on stage or at an event.
The history and grandeur of the structure, and the beauty you see at every turn.
Music Hall itself, and the events within, take you away from the everyday.
They can make you smile, move you to tears, or entice you to laugh.
The Society for the Preservation of Music Hall believes preserving Music Hall is important, for those and many other reasons.
SPMH is a volunteer-driven organization. For over 30 years, we have been of service to the community, improving and promoting Music Hall.
You Can Make a Difference with Your Donation
With your tax-deductible donation, SPMH can ensure that Music Hall will remain an authentic historic structure, available to you, for entertainment and events.
- SPMH fulfills its mission through donations from supporters and members. SPMH provides education about Music Hall through development of a tour program that not only explores the history of Music Hall but also shows the social and economic development of our city and its impact on Music Hall.
- Contributions to SPMH funded the restoration of many art-carved organ panels. These panels are displayed in the Taft Suite and bring back to Music Hall stunning representations of our city’s importance in the art-carved movement.
- Through a bequest from Mrs. Patricia Corbett, SPMH assured that Corbett Tower could be restored to its original design. This included the removal of the false ceiling, which exposed the elegant stenciling and tracery windows that bring beauty and light into the room.
These are just a few of the many ways SPMH supports Music Hall.
How will Your Donation be Used?
While the recent renovation brought many improvements, there’s more work to be done.
- Your donation will help underwrite the cost of training and materials, so SPMH can present Cincinnati and Music Hall history to third, fourth and fifth grade classes. The lessons have been developed by educators and incorporate standards-based curriculum.
- Finials on the exterior of Music Hall have broken over the years and need to be restored. SPMH also is working on plans to return cresting to the roof, as it was designed by Samuel Hannaford.
- As with any historic structure, things yet to be identified will be needed, either to enhance your experience in Music Hall or as repairs.
Ways to Donate to SPMH
If you prefer, download the SPMH Donation Form, fill it out, and send your donation to the address at the top of the form..
When you support SPMH, each time you visit Music Hall you can be confident and enjoy peace of mind, knowing that your donation ensures Music Hall will be here for you and your family for years to come.